Friday, July 10, 2009

Pony Club Zone Camp

My niece Renae had a pony club rally on Sunday, followed on by her zone pony club camp from Monday to Wednesday. There were lots of kids there from all around the Avon zone and Renae had a great time riding and camping out with her friends. My son Kia and I went across on the Tuesday and camped over in my horse float which was great fun, although the float roof gets a lot of condensation on it which drips down the sides and onto all the bedding making it damp. Renae is doing her test for her pony club D Certificate next week. There was a beautiful little black pony named Eboney at the camp which I wanted to buy for my kids, but the owner said she wasn't suitable for lead line unfortunately, but have been thinking about her ever since - I do love a good little pony. Renae won a couple of ribbons at the camp, one being for her team coming fourth (yellow) overall for the camp events and her quiz team came second (red). I know she had a great time (I think she might have a sore butt though! and I'm sure Fly is glad it's over). Renae is making some great new friends over there which is fantastic and her riding is coming along great too.

My kids really loved the whole camping in the horse float set up so I bunked them up in there last night for a camp over at home in the garage. They only made it a few hours though as they said they heard a crow that wanted to eat them...? I think it might actually have been one of the cats meowing actually, but it scared them off and they all ended up sleeping in their own beds instead. Good fun while it lasted anyhow.

No comments: